The Club offers affordable week–long trips and weekend trips ONLY to members. The majority of the week–long trips offered are SKI trips but other travel trips (such as a yearly trip to Myrtle Beach) are offered as well. As a member of the Western Pennsylvania Ski Council, WPSC trips are also offered to PSC members.
The PSC usually schedules four or five week–long ski trips a year in addition to any WPSC scheduled trips and the destinations have covered the globe — from the US, to Canada, to Europe, to South America, to New Zealand, and to Japan. The weekend ski trips are usually bus trips to New York (Holiday Valley, Holimont, Bristol), Maryland (Wisp), and West Virginia (Snowshoe, Timberline/Canaan Valley).
One of the greatest things about signing up for a PSC travel trip is that someone has already worked out the details and the only decisions you have to make are where you want to go and what to pack.
TRAVEL SCHEDULE DATES AND DESTINATIONS
- January 18 to January 25, 2014 — Mount Bachelor, Oregon
- January 24 to February 2, 2014 — Madonna di Campiglio, Italy
- January 26 to January 31, 2014 — Mount Snow, Vermont (WPSC trip)
- February 1 to February 8, 2014 — Telluride, Colorado
- March 1 to March 8, 2014 — Taos, New Mexico (WPSC trip)
- Sept. 6/7 to Sept. 13, 2014 — 22nd Annual Myrtle Beach Week
- January 11 to January 19, 2013 — Grindelwald, Switzerland
- January 27 to February 1, 2013 — Mount Snow, Vermont (WPSC trip)
- February 2 to February 9, 2013 — Aspen/Snowmass, Colorado
- February 24 to March 2, 2013 — Sun Valley, Idaho
- March 2 to March 9, 2013 — Winter Park, Colorado (WPSC trip)
- March 16 to March 23, 2013 — Park City, Utah
- August 27 to Sept. 10, 2013 — Scandanavian Cruise (WPSC trip)
- Sept. 7/8 to Sept. 14, 2013 — 21st Annual Myrtle Beach Week
- January 7 to January 14, 2012 — Mammoth, California
- January 28 to February 4, 2012 — Breckenridge, Colorado
- January 29 to February 3, 2012 — Mount Snow, Vermont (WPSC trip)
- February 19 to February 26, 2012 — Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- March 3 to March 10, 2012 — Aspen, Colorado (WPSC trip)
- March 4 to March 11, 2012 — Crested Butte, Colorado
- Sept. 8/9 to Sept. 15, 2012 — 20th Annual Myrtle Beach Week
- January 30 to February 4, 2011 — Mount Snow, Vermont (WPSC trip)
- January 15 to January 22, 2011 — Park City, Utah
- January 15 to January 22, 2011 — Mount Bachelor, Oregon (WPSC trip)
- January 22 to January 30, 2011 — Zermatt, Switzerland
- February 12 to February 19, 2011 — Taos, New Mexico
- February 26 to March 5, 2011 — Alyeska, Alaska (WPSC trip CANCELLED)
- February 26 to March 5, 2011 — Lake Tahoe, California
- Sept. 10/11 to Sept. 17, 2011 — 19th Annual Myrtle Beach Week
- December 5 to December 12, 2009 — Vail, Colorado
- January 23 to January 30, 2010 — Banff, Alberta, Canada
- January 31 to February 5, 2010 — Mount Snow, Vermont (WPSC trip)
- February 20 to February 27, 2010 — Big Sky, Montana
- March 12 to March 15, 2010 — Holiday Valley/Holimont (3–day weekend trip)
- March 20 to March 27, 2010 — Telluride, Colorado
- Sept. 11/12 to Sept. 18, 2010 — 18th Annual Myrtle Beach Week
- December 2008 — Vail, Colorado
- January 2009 — Hakuba, Japan (not only skiing, included Kyoto and Tokyo) [Read Trip Report]
- January 2009 — Whistler/Blackcomb, British Columbia, Canada
- January 2009 — Whitefish, Montana (WPSC trip)
- February 2009 — Mount Snow, Vermont (WPSC trip) [Read Trip Report]
- February 2009 — Snowshoe, West Virginia (weekend)
- February 2009 — Steamboat, Colorado
- May 16 to May 23, 2009 — Alaskan Cruise
- Sept. 12/13 to Sept. 19, 2009 — 17th Annual Myrtle Beach Week [Read Trip Report]
All trips are advertised in the monthly newsletter and at the fall social meetings. To check out the weather and snow condition information for a particular ski trip, click Ski Reports or Weather under LINKS on this website. Note: All trips have limited space and airline seats, which need to be filled or dropped by specific dates.
WHERE WE HAVE BEEN
A more expansive look at where the Club has traveled over the last 20 years is set forth below —
U.S. West ski trips have included: Colorado (Summit County, Aspen, Vail/Beavercreek, Steamboat, Telluride, Crested Butte, Mary Jane/Winter Park); California (Mammoth); Nevada (Lake Tahoe/Reno areas); Utah (Park City, Deer Valley, Canyons, Snowbird, Alta); Oregon (Mt. Bachelor); Alaska (Alyeska); Montana (Big Sky and Big Mountain); New Mexico (Taos); Wyoming (Jackson Hole); and Idaho (Sun Valley and Schweitzer)
U.S. East ski trips have included: New York (Lake Placid); Vermont (Killington and Mt. Snow); and Maine (Sugarloaf).
Canadian ski trips have included: British Columbia (Whistler/Blackcomb, Red Mountain, Silver Star, Big White, Panorama, Kicking Horse); Alberta (Banff, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Jasper); and Quebec (Mt. Tremblant and Estrimont).
And ski trips around the globe have included: Europe (Italy, Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria and Andora); South America (Chile); and Japan (Hakuba). These trips usually include non-ski side tours as part of the package or as an additional cost option with 2-3 days added to the end of the scheduled trip.
The PSC's travel non-ski destinations have included: Myrtle Beach, SC (annual); Aruba; and Caribbean Cruises.